Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Someone's got the gimmes!

And it's not the kids in this house.  It's me. 
Given the new work situation in the house, we are, once again, looking at another Christmas where the adults don't exchange gifts.  Which, rationally, is OK.  It really is more for the kids than us.  But it still sucks.
We made the decision that I am keeping a hair appointment I considered canceling.  A new salon in my town is offering 50% of their services if you book by the 26th, and then you lock in your rate for the next 6 months.  Making the fancy place about the same price as our local Hair Cuttery. 
I am hoping this haircut puts me in a better frame of mind.  Mike already had someone call about his resume, so hopefully a new job is on the immediate horizon.  And if all else fails, I will have great hair...

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I wanna see pics of the new 'do! New hair always helps a situation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel a little better, we don't exchange either. And, it makes me sad too. Rick seems to not care.

    ReplyDelete