Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm back-- Again.

So this time, we had a reliable computer, but less reliable monitor.  Hopefully we are set for awhile.  In my absence, we moved, to a more comfortable neighborhood.  Our old neighborhood was lovely, but not quite a good fit for my boisterous family of six.  We are now in an equally lovely neighborhood, but more family centered.  And I am right across the street from a hospital.  Which to me means, not easy access to an emergency room when needed.  That would be logical and make sense.  I'm excited by being across the street from a hospital cafeteria.  Hospital cafeterias always have kick ass grilled cheese sandwiches.  And I LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches.
We also decided to medicate Aidan for his ADHD.  We fought the good fight against added chemicals to our healthy boy's body.  We resisted medicating  him to make other adults happy for three long years.  Ultimately, we decided that Aidan wasn't happy.  Aidan knew he is smart, but couldn't figure out why school was so hard for him.  We found a terrific doctor who respects our reluctance to medicate a healthy child and meets us half way.  He takes the smallest dose of Concerta and only on school days.  He is having the best school year of his entire school career. 
Nothing else terrifically noteworthy for now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment