Monday, November 8, 2010

Growing Pains

My third child, Aidan, has always been my baby.  He's always been very content to be little.  Getting big has never been much of an enticement for him.  Aidan is the kind of kid who loves to cuddle up; he just kind of melts into you.
Until now.  Aidan is starting to feel his oats apparently.  He is suddenly balking at us treating him "like a child".  Which is especially funny because sometimes he has a bit of a speech impediment that makes "l" sound like "w".  He wants to roam the neighborhood like our two teenagers.  He wants sleepovers with his friends.
Which is another problem.  Aidan asked if he can have a sleep over.  I said sure and who did he want to invite.  Jordan.  I nearly said OK, until my daughter told me Jordan was a girl.  Yeah, no.  Go Fish.  So he said Aaron.  Except it's an Erin.  Another girl.  Sorry, dude, this mom is not cool with the co-ed sleepover.  Even at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment