Thursday, June 17, 2010

What to do, what to do...

So it appears that I will be a stay at home mom for a little while. Aidan and Harry are thrilled.  Jake and Abby, not so much.  Yeah, I've given up on keeping us anonymous.  I re-read my post about my cousin's tattoo and it was just confusing.  And I know who I was talking about.  So I will be using my immediate family's names.  I'm Jenn, my husband is Mike and the kids are Jake, Abby, Aidan and Harry.  Please don't stalk us, and I would highly recommend you find an identity with a better credit rating before you steal ours.  The last name remains a secret.  A girl's gotta keep some mystery, right?
Anyhow, for reasons I am legally prohibited from disclosing in public, I am not working at the moment.  Well, I've been trying to clean and take care of my kids which is definitely working, but no one's paying me for it.  My little guys (8 and 4) and like pigs in poop with so much of my attention and I am happy to give it to them.  There's been a lot of cuddling and playing and thanks to crummy weather, oodles of Playhouse Disney.
The older kids, not so much.  I am interrupting their good time.  We only have the one TV.  I am here to stop all the MTV watching, junk food eating, and friend sneaking over.  There is room cleaning, book reading and reasonably healthy lunches.  I'd be annoyed with me too.  I liked my independence as a kid. 
One of the best gifts I have given my kids is that independence.  My older kids can take a city bus without me.  They can do a load of laundry and cook a couple of basic meals.  They can go to CVS for a gallon of milk. They have opinions, thoughts and insights, many of which are completely opposite their parents.  They volunteer without being prompted.
All this leaves me with not much to do.  Oh, there is lots I would like to do, but alas, they all cost money.  I am thinking this is going to be a long summer...

1 comment:

  1. Aww... If it makes you feel any better, my kids would kill for a summer like that.

    Methinks your second born has some major debt to work off this summer -- perhaps her new title should be "slave girl"?

    ReplyDelete