Friday, June 18, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away

Have you ever tried to keep 4 kids of different ages entertained cooped up in a "vintage" three bedroom apartment during summer vacation because it keeps storming?  Then you feel my pain.
It's hot and sticky and because we live in a vintage apartment building, we do not have air conditioning.  We do get a lovely lake breeze courtesy of lake Michigan (Ooooh, clues to where I live...) but it does nothing for the humidity.  The kids are bored.  Harry is already sick and tired of Candyland.  Which is fine with me as he is the fourth kid and we have played a lot of Candyland over the years.  Aidan is a pro and Lego Indiana Jones on the computer.  Abby had blessedly been invited to a girlfriend's house for the past several days.  Jake is almost patiently waiting for his new skateboard to come from Kohls.com. 
They fight on an almost hourly basis. And did I ever mention that we only have one TV?  Stupid principles...  We definitely need another TV.  Right now, I am hiding in the dining room from my kids, claiming to be "working".  I am really hiding from yet another episode of The Suite Life on Deck.  Who said those Sprouse twins are entertaining enough for another TV show?  Wizards of Waverly Place or Phineas and Ferb I can watch though.
Here's hoping for a sunny weekend, so these kids can blow the stink off (as my grandfather used to say).

1 comment:

  1. It's called "Wizards of Flaverly Place" around here, and I try to change the channel when it comes on as I have no teens/preteens. Phineas and Ferb, however, can play all day and we'd all be happy!

    ReplyDelete