Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

HOLY CRAP!  It's COLD out. 
This should not be a surprise, as I am a native Chicagoan and cold is what we do here.  I hate the news reports where they stop and ask motorists if they are surprised by snow.  In February.  Now, snow in June?  THAT would be a surprise.  But that it is roughly freezing out on December first should not be a surprise.
But there I stood, on the train platform.  Shocked that the wind was blowing right through my coat.  Stunned that my gloveless hands were cold.  Why wasn't I wearing gloves?  Because it's just December first.  It's not "cold" until at least Christmas, right? 
So, now I do what I do every winter.  Perch on our radiators, in an attempt to thaw my bum out and complain that I am freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment