Sunday, May 30, 2010

People Who Annoy Me for No Rational Reason

Welcome to the first installment of "People Who Annoy Me For No Rational Reason". I warn you, there will be lots of installments, because I am easily annoyed. The first to be picked on is American Idol runner up, Adam Lambert.
Hey Adam? I get it. You are gay. You like men. You are out and proud. Go you! However, there is an ENTIRE SECTION of the population to whom this is NOT shocking. For a lot of us, this is merely one facet of your personality and not your entire identity.
For the record, there isn't a "double standard" of criticism because you got spanked for miming casual oral sex on network television. It was in poor taste and was unnecessary. It had nothing to do with you being a gay man. We stopped allowing our kids to watch Brittney, Christina and Miley without previewing it too.
And why were you a "mentor" on AI this year? Hello? You lost. If I were those kids, I'd like to be mentored by the winner, thankyouverymuch. "Try to be more 'Uuugggghhhhh'" is not advice. And for chrissakes, wash off like 80% of the makeup. You look like an insecure 15 year old girl sneaking into her mother's Mary Kay collection. Boy George already did it 25 years ago (how is that possible) and did it better.
Now I realize this rant seems like old news, but it came back to my attention because I just saw the "spelling" of Mr. Lambert's single. For those of us who completed second grade, it should be "What Do You Want From Me". Instead it is "Whadaya Want From Me". I'm sure spell check has discriminated against you Adam...
See I told you this was irrational, but I am glad I finally got this out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment