Saturday, May 22, 2010

And we're back...

For multiple reasons, some in my control (laziness) some not (teenager downloading a skateboard video with a nasty virus) I've been mostly off line since October. But, here I am, giving this another go.
It turns out I think I've discovered I want to be a writer when I grow up. And as my mid 30's are upon me, I'd better get cracking. I'm not thinking the great American novel here. I have zero imagination. But I think essays are where my heart and head lie.
I had this epiphany when I found myself in the hospital, in a Cardiac Step Down Unit with a pulmonary embolism. Theoretically, I could have died, had I dismissed my "pulled muscle" pain much longer. That feels a bit dramatic, but does get my kids to do what ask them to on occasion. The thing is, there isn't a lot else to do when in the hospital like that except think. And for some reason, my thoughts sound like newspaper columns. It's a lot like I have a poorly dressed Carrie Bradshaw talking in my brain at all times.
So, look for me more often. Send constructive criticism and encouragement, and hopefully enjoy the effort.

2 comments:

  1. Helllloooo! This blog was sitting sad and dusty in my reader, and I'm so happy that you're back. Looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete