Thursday, March 3, 2011

Slave driver

Can someone please explain how I managed to raise 4 children who think they are exempt from doing chores?  Mind you, these are not unreasonable chores.  No one has been asked to scrub grout with their toothbrush, or build me a rec room.  I am talking loading the dishwasher, cleaning their own rooms, feeding their guinea pig and taking out the trash.  Without me screaming at them to do it.
Oh, my kids have the allowance thing DOWN.  And I know the "experts" say not to tie chores to allowance.  But at 15 and 13, finance is about the last thing I have over my kids.  If they expect to get money without having to ask for it, I expect to be able to put the trash in the can without it spilling over all over the place.
Apparently, that is a lot to ask for in this house...

1 comment:

  1. The Laughing LibrarianMarch 4, 2011 at 4:21 PM

    Heck yes, they can work for their keep. I told B that he had to clean his room and the upstairs bathroom before he could have a buddy over to stay the night last week. He ran out of time and J ended up cleaning the bathroom for him. I made B clean HER room the next day to pay her back! You should have seen him dodging the Barbies and Little Pet Shop stuff! LOL!

    ReplyDelete